- Surfrider's 2021 Vision: Clean Water and Healthy Beaches for All People
- The Next 4 Years: Surfrider's Plan to Protect Our Coasts Under a Biden Presidency
- Ocean Climate Solutions Act
- Presidential Plastics Action Plan
- A Sea of Rubbish
- ActCoastal, the California Coastal Commission accountability project
- Clean Border Water Now
- Surfrider Response to Capitol Siege
- California Coastal Commission
- Olivia For the Ocean: Plastic Free Cleaning
- NOAA: Record Number of Billion Dollar Disasters
- Surfrider – Get Involved
72: Another Californian Beach Doomed?Plus, Roly Polies Killing Fish, Wrapping Your Gifts Sustainably and Sweet Holiday Membership Swag
- Capistrano Beach Plans To Come Before Coastal Commission
- Olivia For the Ocean
- Roly Polies Transfer Environmental Toxins to Fish
- CHApter Membership Program (CHAMP)
- Surfrider Holiday Memberships
Hey friends! I usually spend Mondays assembling the week's Protect & Enjoy episode, but things went awry yesterday when Humboldt media posted a video of some dudes dumping a big ol' pile of trash right down the road from my house! As a result, I spent the hours I would've been working on the podcast helping pick up someone else's grody garbage (full story at the link above).
This is a recurring problem along the peninsula where I live, unfortunately, and certainly not limited to our area.
The good news is, area residents and nonprofits, including Surfrider, have formed a coalition to try to find some positive ways to deter the dumping and protect the beach and bay. Progress is being made!
So, apologies for not providing an audio update this week, but check out Mandy's blog post for a look at current activities and campaigns – and we'll be back next week!
71: How Radioactive is Our Ocean, A Surf Report Gone Awry, Simple T-Day Swaps and Probing the Unknown
- Surfrider's Partnership with Our Radioactive Ocean
- Contribute to the "Let's Measure Radiation!" Fund
- Off the Rails – A Bay Area Virtual Stoke Party
- Olivia For the Ocean
- Probing the Unknown
- Join Surfrider!
- California King Tides Project
- California's Rising and Sinking Coast
- How Radioactive Is Our Ocean?
- Chapter Membership Program
- Membership Drive
- Surfrider California
- Feedback: email@example.com
69: Our Plan for the Biden-Harris Administration, Swapping Out Your Plastics, What’s With the Wild Weather?
- The Next Four Years: Surfrider's Plan to Protect Our Coasts
- Olivia For the Ocean: Plastic-Free Showering
- Record wildfires, historic hurricanes
- Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey friends! Given the timing of the election, we're holding off on recording this week, but we'll be back next week to answer the question, "What comes next?" – and provide the usual round-up of state-wide policy happenings. Until then, stay safe, stay strong. Talk to you next week!